We work with the State of Illinois to offer loans to businesses that need less traditional financing options because they lack equity or collateral.
- Print This Page
Illinois Participation Loan Program (PLP) now offers four new product lines to support businesses with projects that create or retain jobs and/or modernize their business to improve competitiveness.
Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) loans encourage lending to small businesses. If you lack equity or collateral, this program can help you.
- Standard Participation Loan Program (PLP)
- Minority/Women/Disabled/Veteran-Owned Businesses (MWDV PLP)
- Revolving Line of Credit (RLOC PLP)
- SBA Supported Activity
Who is Eligible
- Viable small/middle market businesses
- For-profit businesses including corporations
- Joint ventures
- Sole proprietorships
- Others authorized to conduct business in Illinois
- Business size limited to 750 employees or less worldwide
How the Loans Work
After cursory review of business plan, DCEO facilitates a meeting with the prospective borrower's bank. If the bank is unwilling to support project on its own, DCEO approximates the amount of Advantage Illinois participation. If new terms are acceptable to the bank, bank issues a loan commitment to the business contingent on DCEO and Advantage Illinois support.